Noseyparker - 14 July

After completing the data reporting code yesterday, I moved onto the next task, adding handlers to detect PII in encrypted (HTTPS) traffic. To start with, I did some refactoring including: changing the name unencrypted PII handlers to better fit with the new encrypted handler names, moving code used by both groups of handlers into common classes. I added the base code for the encrypted PII handlers however I haven't had a chance to debug it - that's a task for tomorrow.


Extra content ...

Initially I thought of flagging excessive PII sent to advertisers in the event log. However there is a very long list of mobile app advertising services, with multiple domains, and the list is always changing. I have decided to just show the accumulated personal data sent to each domain and let the operator decide it the PII sent is excessive. (Unable to save this in the post editor).